Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Drawing // Zadie Smith


Just a quick post to share a drawing of author Zadie Smith I did earlier.
Both White Teeth and On Beauty are on my bookcase, with train ticket bookmarks nestled between the pages not even half way through (this says nothing about Smith's writing abilities, and much more about my extraordinary ability to get distracted by other novels when already reading one...). I think I'll have another go when I finish my current book - Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, which I am absolutely loving. Reading a novel based on true events is a rather haunting experience when murder is involved, and Capote's matter-of-fact prose is strangely unsettling. Let's just say I won't be hurrying to stay in rural America anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment